Homeowners Insurance in Dublin, CA
If a sudden and unexpected accident happens at your home, you could be responsible for costly out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., property damage, legal fees, medical costs). A homeowners insurance policy can provide financial protection by helping to pay for these losses.
The insurance you need is just a few clicks away. Contact JSW Insurance in Dublin, California to learn more about our homeowners insurance policies.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also called home insurance, is a legally binding agreement between you and your insurance company. In exchange for your premiums, your insurer will help pay for covered losses per your policy terms. It can cover personal liability claims arising from accidents at your property as well as property damage to your home and other structures on your property.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Your home insurance policy may vary depending on your insurer. The following are common home insurance coverages:
- Personal liability coverage may pay for expenses (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) arising from claims that you caused third-party bodily injury or property damage.
- Personal property coverage may cover the cost to repair or replace your personal belongings if they’re damaged by a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses may pay for your living expenses if property damage at your home forces you to vacate your home temporarily.
- Dwelling coverage may assist with costs arising from structural damages to your home.
- Other structures coverage may pay for damage to detached structures on your property that are damaged by a covered loss.
If you live in a high-risk flood zone, a separate flood insurance policy may be necessary to ensure sufficient coverage from flood damages. Ask your insurance agent if you could benefit from additional home insurance coverages.
How Much Homeowners Insurance Do I Need?
If you’re financing your home, your mortgage lender may require you to have a home insurance policy. However, homeowners insurance may be a good idea even when it’s not required. When setting the coverage amounts for your home insurance policy, it’s recommended that you purchase enough homeowners insurance to rebuild your home and replace your belongings, to prevent costly expenses if your home is destroyed.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
The cost of your home insurance policy will vary with a number of factors. Here are some of the variables which may affect your premiums:
- Coverage limits and amounts
- Type of home
- Age of home
- Claims history
How Do I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
We’re here to help you find the best homeowners insurance policy for your needs. Contact JSW Insurance for a homeowners insurance quote and to speak to an agent today.
We are licensed to cover homes throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and Washington.