The Bay Area, East Bay and Dublin CA
We are licensed to do business in CA, NV, WA, and AZ
Car accidents are relatively common and can result in costly bills (e.g., medical bills, property damage repair expenses, legal fees). Auto insurance can help pay for these losses, protecting you from out-of-pocket expenses that have the potential to cause financial hardship.
Contact JSW Insurance in Dublin, California, to learn more about auto insurance coverage and to get an auto insurance quote today.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance, known as car insurance, is a contract between you and your insurer. They are bound to pay for covered auto losses—up to your policy limits and according to your policy terms—as long as you continue to make premium payments. Auto insurance is required in nearly every state.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Your auto insurance policy can protect your investment in your car and cover the passengers in your vehicle, you and other drivers on the road. State requirements will vary. But you will likely need the following auto insurance coverages:
- Property damage liability can help cover costs associated with third-party property damage you cause while driving.
- Bodily injury liability can help pay for expenses (e.g., medical bills, legal fees, funeral expenses) related to injuries or deaths resulting from auto accidents for which you are responsible.
In some states, carrying liability insurance may be enough to meet minimum state requirements for auto coverage. However, having only state-mandated insurance may be insufficient if you’re in a wreck. To help fill this gap, most auto insurance companies allow you to add additional coverages to your auto policy, such as the following:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may reimburse you for damages if you’re in an accident with a driver who lacks sufficient coverage.
- Collision coverage may cover expenses arising from damage to your vehicle from collisions with objects and other accidents, regardless of fault (e.g., hitting a guard rail).
- Comprehensive coverage may pay for vehicular damages resulting from something other than a collision (e.g., a falling tree branch).
- Medical payment coverage (MedPay) may cover your medical bills and the medical bills of your passengers that occur from a car accident.
Contact JSW Insurance to learn more about the auto coverage we provide.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost?
Your auto insurer will likely consider numerous factors when determining the cost of your car insurance. Here are some of the variables your insurer may consider:
- Type of car
- Your driving record
- Frequency of use
- Marital status
- Coverage type and amounts
Call JSW Insurance for an auto insurance quote.
How Do I Buy Auto Insurance?
We’re here to help you find the right auto insurance for your needs. Contact JSW Insurance to speak to an auto insurance agent and learn more about how we can keep you covered.