Business Insurance in Dublin, CA
Even if your industry is generally considered low-risk, small mistakes can lead to expensive consequences. That’s why having the right business insurance in place is important.
Contact JSW Insurance today to learn more about your business insurance options and get a quote.
How Does Business Insurance Work?
Business insurance is designed to help protect your business from the financial effects of various risks and dangers. It acts as a safety net and may help provide financial support in case of accidents or mistakes that could otherwise cause substantial losses for your organization.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
Business insurance needs vary depending on the industry and unique circumstances of each company. However, several types of coverage are generally recommended for most businesses. When building your business insurance portfolio, consider the following coverages:
- General liability insurance—This coverage may help pay for injuries, property damage and legal expenses if your business is responsible for harm to a third party, such as a customer. It may also provide coverage against third-party claims of personal or advertising injury.
- Business property insurance—This coverage may help protect your organization’s property from covered risks and typically includes structures, electronics, equipment, furniture and inventory. If any of these items are damaged or destroyed, this insurance may help cover the costs.
- Business interruption insurance—Also known as business income insurance, this coverage may help provide financial assistance if your business is temporarily unable to operate due to a covered event. During the interruption, it may help pay for recurring expenses like rent, lost income, payroll and loan payments.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—If your employees are injured or become ill due to work-related reasons, this coverage can help cover their medical treatment, lost wages, rehabilitation and disability or death benefits. It may also assist with legal costs if there are lawsuits related to workplace injuries. California requires employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance if they employ one or more workers.
- Employment practices liability insurance—This coverage may offer protection if your business is accused of improper workplace practices, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination or improper hiring practices. It may help pay for legal expenses in these situations.
- Commercial auto insurance—This coverage is required for California companies that use vehicles to conduct business. It may help cover the company’s liability for third-party accident-related bodily injury and property damage up to the policy’s limits.
It’s essential to evaluate your specific needs and consult with an insurance professional to determine the right coverage for your organization.
Contact JSW Insurance in Dublin, CA, to get personalized business insurance quotes.