Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our frequently asked questions. Find a list of carrier claims phone numbers on our website. You may also call us 925-737-1560.
- I've been in an accident – what now?
- I have damage to my property – what now?
- Do I need to protect my home from further damage?
I've been in an accident – what now?
Start by reporting your claim to your insurance carrier. They need to know:
Back to TopI have damage to my property – what now?
- When the accident occurred
- Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible)
- How the accident happened
- What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year,
make, and model)
- A description of the damage on each vehicle
- The names and contact information of people involved in the accident
- The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident
- The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
- The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police
report number, if police were contacted
Call your insurance carrier and let them know:
Back to TopDo I need to protect my home from further damage?
- When the incident occurred.
- A general description of what happened.
- The location of the damaged property and what was damaged.
- The condition of the home and if it is still livable.
- If temporary repairs are needed.
- If the fire or police department was contacted, which department
responded and any report number. Your contact information and
the best time to reach you
Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.
Back to Top
- Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken
windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.
- Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage,
and make sure to save your receipts.
- If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be
inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.
- If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items.
Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.